If you are not sure look for a professional trainer to take you through the kettlebell workout. Then we are here to help you. The kettlebell has numerous advantages over other weights such as dumbbell. For starters, you do not need to lift much weight to get it done. 16 kilos for men and 8 kilos for women and you are good to go, and the best part is that it can help you tone your body and burn a lot of calories very fast. The routine will help you remain fit physically and lead a healthy life hence is an exercise everybody should try.
Why Kettlebell workout routine?
The workout will be advantageous to your body in various ways and the list benefits of this workout are very long. Some of the health benefits you can be sure of enjoying from the workout are as follows;
• It enhances flexibility without long or hard poses
• It is ideal for anyone regardless of shape, age or size
• The kettlebell is portable, and you do not need other devices for the workouts
• It is fun to do and comes with varied exercises thus no boredom
• It combines both cardio and strength
This kettlebell workout routine will guide you on some of the best workouts to help you reach your body goals.
This is one of the most uncomplicated workouts.
• First, hold the kettlebell by its horns, and move your shoulder downwards with your chest open.
• Stand with the lower part of your feet wide apart more than the hips.
• Take a deep breath and slightly bend and squat until your hamstrings are on your calves. Remember not to arch your back, and your head and chest should be up.
• Use your elbows to push your knees out. Move slowly and go as low as you can, without tucking under your butt and then slowly rise to the straight position.
Repeat this until you are exhausted recommendable ten to twenty times.
One-Arm Kettlebell Row
This workout is the best if you wish to tone both your lower and upper body.
• Place your Kettlebell right in front of you.
• Put your right leg forward and then bend your knees slightly to get to the starting position and remember to keep your back straight.
• Place your right hand on the right knee to maximize stability. Stretch your left hand to reach the Kettle. Pull the Kettle up your stomach retracting the shoulder and flexing the elbow.
• Lower it and repeat this for 10-20 times.
Change the position and do the same with the right hand.
This exercise is ideal both for your lower and upper body. It is a full-body workout that will take you out of your comfort zone and help tone your entire body.
• Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding the kettlebell slightly below your pelvic area.
• Squat slowly until the kettlebell touches the ground keeping your back straight.
• Hold on to the position for a second before doing a fast upward move, pulling the Kettle to your chest.
Repeat these steps until you feel exhausted.
The Squat Clean Press
This exercise will do wonders for your upper body weight. The best part about these kettlebell workouts is that they are compound exercises meaning they are a combination of many in one.
• Hold your Kettlebell with your left hand and squat a little bit till the kettlebell touches the ground.
• Do an upward move raising tour Kettlebell above your shoulders.
• Extend your left hand as high as you can.
Return to the start position and repeat this as much as you can.
This exercise is loved for upper back and shoulder mobility. As its name suggests, the workout is performed by making circles around your head with the kettlebell.
• Hold the kettlebell by the horns, with its bottom facing upwards and the handles facing down.
• Bring your arms to one side of the head and starting rotating the bell and making circles until the kettlebell is back to the initial position.
• Repeat this for about then times.
• Reverse the direction and repeat the same for about ten times. Repeat the exercise until you feel exhausted.
However, you should be careful not to hit your head with the kettlebell.
Anyone who has tried kettlebell exercises has felt the positive impacts it brings. The results are fast, and the best part is that the training can be done at home. You do not need the gym to have your body in the right shape. It is also ideal for busy persons who may not have enough time to do other strength and cardio exercises. Try it out today and experiences the differences yourself.